Lipa cave is located in Lipa village, 5 km from Cetinje, the old Royal Capital of Montenegro. It is only 33 km away from Budva, and 35 km away from Podgorica. Its proximity to historically significant Royal Capital Cetinje, attractive beaches in Budva, as well as Podgorica, makes it easily accessible and ideally suited for those looking to catch a break from the hustle and bustle while enjoying a scenic route and a different sort of adventure. To reach our parking plateau, it is necessary to switch from Cetinje to Podgorica on the highway and turn right onto the local road that leads past the well-known national restaurant Belvedere, to the village of Lipa Dobrska, in a distance of 3 km.
If you are looking to extend time spent at our location, surrounded by nature in the village of Lipa, or just to rest after the tour, our caffe bar Lipa is at your disposal. From our wide terrace you will enjoy magnificent views to Dobarsko village and peaks of Albanian Alps.
Caffe bar Lipa is a unique place where you can rest in cozy and relaxing environment.
Great service and our kind staff is always here to great you, and we firmly believe, the best coffee in this area is served at our tables. We are not lacking in refreshments either – very aware the cave is just not cold enough to fight off the heat of Montenegrin summer day.
For those true coffee lovers here is some additional info on the coffee served: Arabica 90% and Robusta 10% (freshly baked grain). Each cup is created by experienced barista continuously searching for a perfect shot.
10 INTERESTING COFFEE FACTS
1. According to legend, Honore de Balzac drank 50 cups of coffee a day so he could stay awake and keep writing. The same number of cups of coffee a day is attributed to the French philosopher Voltaire.
2. In 1932, Brazil could not afford to send its athletes to the Los Angeles Olympics. Still, they had a creative idea. The boat with the athletes was filled with coffee and sold along the way.
3. According to legend, a shepherd from Ethiopia first discovered coffee in the 9th century when he noticed that from this plant his goats became hyperactive and crazy.
4. Coffee is a psychoactive substance. Large doses can cause hallucinations.
5. Coffee grows in the shape of berries on a bush – which means that coffee is actually a fruit.
6. There are more than 50 types of coffee in the world, and 70% of the world consumes “Arabica”, which has a mild taste and strong aroma. The remaining 30% drink “Robusta” which is bitterer, but therefore has 50% more caffeine.
7. George Washington invented instant coffee. But this George was not an American president, but a Belgian who lived in Guatemala in 1906.
8. Espresso is not a special type of coffee. It’s just the way coffee is prepared.
9. French diplomat Talleyrand once said: “Coffee is good when it is black as the devil, hot as hell, pure as an angel and sweet as love.”
10. Statistics related to people who drink coffee every day:
- 68% of people drink coffee within an hour after waking up;
- 57% of people sugar their coffee;
- 35% of people drink black coffee;
- 3 out of 5 people claim they can’t start the day without coffee.
Caffe bar Lipa invites you to come and talk, relax and enjoy. Let us pamper you a little before or after visiting the cave.
Would you like a cup of espresso, cappuccino, macchiato or some refreshing drink? Our pleasure!